Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Beginning of Sydney

So now that i've been in Australia for a week now, I guess it would be a good time to add a post. The first week here has been overwhelming to say the least, between finding out about classes, learning the ropes of the campus (which I still have to do) to figuring out public transportation, I've felt lost a lot of the time, which is difficult but at the same time so rewarding. I've started to learn a lot about myself in the situations that i've been in and learning to manage money, time, etcetera. It's been great. I'm still waiting for it to hit me that I still have another 4 months here, it just doesn't seem real yet. In my first week I've seen some beautiful sights including downtown Sydney, the Opera House, the Harbor Bridge, and Manly & Bondi beaches-- each of which is more beautiful than the one before. Pictures don't do justice to how incredibly beautiful it is here. Also, thanks to Skype I don't always have to feel so far from home, because even though Australia is very modern and Americanized, there have been a number of situations when I just wished I could be home for a second because that's where I feel comfortable. But, thanks to the amazing friends i've made here, i've come to realize that although I'm so far from home, that we're all in this together, learning and living together and that we're all in the same boat. So I'm getting excited. This is going to be the best months of my life and I can't wait to see all that Syndey has to show me.

Bondi Beach!

Manly Beach!

Cheers to new friends <3

Opera House from the Ferry!

2 comments:

  1. Roach, Your pictures are stunning and I'm already jealous of your tan. I "liked" your picture of the sign "You only live once" So go live big and enjoy every little thing and have the most amazing time and blog about it once and a while so I can read and be jealous. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Carlaya I jsut realized that you commented this-- I didn't even know you COULD comment on it.. I'm glad you like the blod :) sorry I don't update more often, I miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete