Monday, February 15, 2010

Second Day of Class in Fiji (Day 6)

Today we got up around 7:30am and I took a quick shower before breakfast and school. I have a new love for Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds, I have to say it might be my new favorite cereal. We dropped Bapsi off at work and then took Pio to school on our way to the university. Today was not as hot as some of the other days since we have been here. We had 3 lectures today, starting at 9am and running until 3:30pm, with breaks for Morning Tea and lunch. During my lunch break I went over to the internet cafĂ© and got to talk and skype with people at home. It was so refreshing to see all the faces that I’ve been missing so much! It’s crazy to think that we’ve only been here for less than a week, it feels like much longer- probably because all of our days are jam packed with things to do.

After school the girls and I took a bus into the city to walk around for a bit. We did some shopping and I got some cool jewelry and things to bring home. Then we decided to go to dinner together. So 7 of us went to dinner on a boat! The boat is stationary and sits right in the harbor. I had some great salad, French fries, and a Fiji Bitter which is the most popular Fijian beer.


Tracy and I had to document it because it was our first legal beer that we bought! Dinner was great and we split dessert which was arguably the best part—Fried banana’s with ice cream.. SO good. Then we walked around the city a bit, took some awesome pictures and then decided to sit together and study for our exam that we have tomorrow. We met some.. interesting natives to say the least. Everyone here is so eager to here where we’re from and how we like Fiji. At around 8pm it was pretty dark and we thought it’d be for the best if we got out of the city haha so I took a cab home, sat around with my family, and then went to bed at around 10:30 : ).

That’s all for now<3

No comments:

Post a Comment