Monday, February 15, 2010

Eco Park, Hindu Temple, Last Night in the Feeej




Today we arrived at the University of the South Pacific with our bags in tow ready to leave : ( we packed up the bus a

nd said goodbye to our families, which wound up being so hard for me. It’s crazy how close you can get to people in such a

short period of time. My family was amazing to me. They helped me to feel welcome and always as if I was a part of the family. Words cannot describe how grateful I am to them for everything.

We were on the bus for a few hours until we got to Kulu Eco Park. When we got there we saw some crazy things: talking birds, baby turtles, peacocks, and even an aquarium! There were also iguanas and snakes that we got to hold, but I was kind of a chicken.

I held the iguana but couldn’t bring myself to hold the snake haha. Call me crazy but I didn’t want a boa constrictor wrapped around my body. After the park we took the bus to lunch, which was great.


Right on the beach, the sun was out- it was perfect. After lunch we boarded the bus once again to head back to Nadi for our last night in Fiji. Along the way we stopped at the Hindu temple to take pictures, which was kind of difficult because they didn’t allow photography, but we managed to snag some pictures haha.

After we went to the temple we got back on the bus for our final leg of the trip. Finally, we arrived back at our original hotel that we were at in the beginning of the week before our homestays. We moved back into our rooms, repacked our suitcases and got ready for our flight to Sydney! I got to talk to some people from home on Skype which was nice. It felt good to have a little taste of home being so far away.

We had dinner around 7, and then we came back and hung out at the hotel for the night. It was a great way to spend our last night here. Since the week that I’ve been here I’ve absolutely fallen in love with Fiji. It’s such a culture rich place with so much to offer. The beaches are beautiful, the people are friendly, and the food is.. interesting, but great! I wouldn’t trade these past 10 days for anything.

That’s all for today, goodnight everyone : ) and Happy Valentine’s day<3

YES, that's for McDonalds haha.. It's luxury in the Feej

No comments:

Post a Comment